2016 Exoplanet Archive News
Sign up for Exoplanet Archive email updates
For previous years' news, see the 2015, 2014, 2013,
and 2011-12 archives.
February 4, 2016: Our latest updates include:
- This week we welcome radial velocity planets HD 5583 b and BD+15 2375 to the Archive and various updated stellar and planetary parameters. See their Overview pages or go to the Confirmed Planets table.
- Have you tried out the redesigned Periodogram service yet? The old Periodogram service will be operational until the end of February, at which point it will be decommissioned. We highly recommend switching to the new service immediately. For some sample use cases with the new interface, see the recipes for a variable star and star spot evolution.
For more information and help on using the Periodogram service, consult the user guide by clicking on the Documentation tab within the service's interface.
January 28, 2016: New this week:
- K2 Campaign 8 targets are available! Find them through the K2 Targets search interface, or by using our API service by specifying "
&where=k2_campaign=8" in your query.
For your convenience, here is the pre-built HTTP query for all K2 Campaign 8 targets:
- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page is updated regularly to address common user questions, such as "How do I find all the transiting confirmed planets?" and "How are Kepler numbers assigned?" Take a look, and if you don't see an answer to a question you'd like to ask, submit a Helpdesk ticket.
January 21, 2016: This week:
- We include K2-26 b, WASP-76 b and WASP-90 b in the Archive, updated planetary parameters, and microlensing light curves for MOA 2009-BLG-387L, which can be accessed from its Planet Host Overview page.
- We've also updated values for the Host Star Relative Probability Source Flag (
pp_host_prob_prov) for 315 false positive KOIs; view them in the Kepler Astrophysical Positional Probabilities table.
January 14, 2016: This week's updates:
- HD 33844 b and c have been added, as well as various updated planetary parameters and eight new transit spectroscopy data files.
We've updated two movies of our pre-generated plots that can be viewed from our Videos page:
- 26 Years of Discoveries, which shows the number of exoplanet discoveries in mass-period space from 1989 through 2015, and
- Exoplanets: Detection by Discovery Year, a histogram showing the total number of exoplanet discoveries by detection method through 2015.
We are in the process of updating the third movie, KOI Radius vs. Period.
January 5, 2016: Happy new year! Here are some updates for you:
- New K2 Candidates Table:
We've created a new K2 Candidates interactive table with information about K2 planetary candidates. The collected data are currently from two refereed publications: Montet et al. 2015 and
Vanderburg et al. 2015. All presented data are linked to the corresponding publication. Access the table from the Data pull-down menu on any Archive web page and click the K2 Candidates link.
- New Planets: We're ringing in the new year with 12 more planets, bringing the confirmed planet count to 1,930. The new planets are HD 32963 b, KIC 3558849 b (Kepler-455 b), KIC 5951458 b (Kepler-456 b), KIC 8540376 b & c (Kepler-457 b & c), KIC 9663113 b (Kepler-458 b), KIC 10525077 b (Kepler-459 b), KIC 5437945 b (Kepler-460 b), K2-25 b, and Wolf 1061 b, c & d. View their individual Overview pages by clicking on their names, or view their aggregate data in the Confirmed Planets table.
- Are you at AAS 227 this week? Stop by the NExScI booth (222 and 224) and say hi!