2017 Exoplanet Archive News
Sign up for Exoplanet Archive email updates
For previous years' news, see the 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013,
and 2011-12 archives.
For a compilation of weekly tips that have appeared in past news items, see the Tip Archive.
To view only the most recently added planets and updated parameters (default and non-default), see this pre-filtered and pre-sorted interactive table.
February 9, 2017
This week there are two new planets, K2-108 b and KELT-16 b, as well as various updated parameters. See the Planet Overview pages or the Confirmed Planets interactive table for the data.
February 2, 2017
Newly confirmed planets K2-107 b, WASP-53 b & c, WASP-81 b, and TAP 26 b have been added this week, all of which are accessible from the Confirmed Planets table. You may also access their Overview pages using the Explore the Archive search on the home page.
January 26, 2017
- We're pleased to announce a NEW Microlensing table! This interactive table focuses on microlensing-specific observational and model parameters. Additional data and objects will be added over the next few months until all confirmed
microlensing planets are available. The columns available in this table are listed and defined in the documentation. To compare and review microlensing planet against other confirmed planets, please use the Confirmed Planets interactive table.
- Two new planets added: We've also added K2-106 b and c to the archive. Click on the names to view their respective Overview pages, or go to the Confirmed Planets table.
January 12, 2017
Happy new year! We are ushering in 2017 with the following:
- One New Planet: We've added K2-105 b to the Confirmed Planets table. (Fun fact: This same time last year we added K2-25 b, so there have been 80 K2 planets confirmed in a year's time.)
- More Emission Spectroscopy: We have completed the backfill of the published emission spectroscopy literature into our database! Check out the interactive table and let us know if there are missing values by submitting a Helpdesk ticket.
- K2 Campaign 12 Targets: These are now available through our K2 Targets search interface, or by using our API service by specifying
&where=k2_campaign=12 in your query.
- Updated Kepler Document: An erratum has been published for the DR24 Window Functions; users of these functions should consult the revised documentation (KSCI-19085-002.pdf; see Section 4).